Friday, January 23, 2009

We're Having a Heat Wave!

Yup, that's right, a heat wave. Temps the past couple of days have been in the 20s! Of course that is all going to change when the arctic air pushes its way back into Northern Michigan. Work was so miserable this past stretch, I didn't wake up until 1130 yesterday. So the past couple of days I've just been vegging. Did a quick cross country ski trip, did some snowshoeing today. Just felt like I had to get outside while it felt so warm out!

The rest of my days, sadly, are already planned. I prefer to live with no plans, and let how I feel in the morning predict what I'm going to do that day. Mostly I'll be out doing ski patrol. Next week they are hosting the Special Olympics. That should be a riot! Plus a surprise 40th birthday party for a friend of mine. I've come up empty handed for a gag gift, so I've decided to a: go with no gift at all; b: just bring a card; or c: continue to think of something..... Anyone have any ideas?

Off to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we never give our adult friends/relatives anything for their birthday... and honestly we wish desperately they'd do the same...

All I want is a nice card saying you thought of me... please... I don't need another electric ice scraper.