Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Can you believe it is 2009? I remember as a kid, dreaming about how far away the year 2000 was, let alone 2009! Yikers! Soon I'll be turning 29....super yikers!

So I rang in the New Year with friends and a herd of kids. Kids are hilarious. They are so simple minded, I aspire to be more like a kid the older I get. So one kid says to me, do you know the difference between toilet paper and milk? Of course I say no, and his reply, good thing you don't do the grocery shopping! That is funny, I don't care who you are.

I've spent the past two days out doing ski patrol. It has been a lot of fun and pretty eventful. Just a lot of minor injuries, but since I'm the most qualified medical patroller, I get to call all the shots. I only wish they had an x-ray machine there (yeah right), than I wouldn't have to send so many people to my friends in the ER. Yesterday I spent most of the day standing at the bottom of a jump everyone kept crashing on. There were two little kids, 4 and 5, who would crash almost every other time. Than they would just lay there waiting for me to come pick them up. They were funny. I can't believe how young they start them, its amazing! I suppose it is a good age, since they have no fear. And don't let them fool you, those little ones are pretty damn good. Most of the severe injuries happen out on the tubing hill. Which I had to play on this morning before it got busy, only because you don't have to walk up the hill, they have a rope you hang on to. Its a riot! I wish I had more free time to spend out there.

Today was the Winter Classic Hockey Game at Wrigley Field in Chicago. Of course Detroit won, 6-4. I taped the game, and just finished watching it. It looked like a lot of fun for both the players and the fans. I need to make it down to Detroit for a Wings game soon!

Back to the real world tomorrow when I return to work. I'm sure it will be super busy thanks to an extended holiday weekend.

No comments: